It’s a celebration day today… this is the 100th post of the blog!!
I wanted to do something special for this post. My first idea was to write a personal post about me, but then I remembered that I already answered a lot of personal questions when I received the Liebster award.
So today I won’t talk about me, I’ll talk about my blog. And I say “blog” instead of “Dream Travel Girl” because this blog was born with a different name, “Colibrist”. But let’s start form the beginning…
The blog was born when I decided to take a sabbatical leave to travel around the world. I wanted to keep family and friends updated, and share the experience. The first posts were about the decision, the organization of the trip and the “test” trip, my first solo trip.
Three months after the launch, I took a plane and started the biggest adventure of my life.
For one year the blog was filled with experiences across India, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Bolivia, Argentina and Uruguay.
And then the trip finished.
At that point, I realized that the trip had changed my life, and I couldn’t go back to my previous job. I wanted to start a new life, and thought that the blog could be an important part of it.
I changed the platform, I changed the name, I made it more professional, and have been working full time on this for the last 7 months.
Since I’m not traveling full time, the blog has not been in chronological order anymore. It’s been a mix of the last months in South America, the ups and downs of solo and long term travel, some practical information about budget and packing, and my recent short trip to Thailand.
And today, more than one year and a half later… my blog hits 100 posts!
To celebrate, let’s look at the best posts, comments and commenters (yes, because this blog is not only about me, it’s about you too!).
Best of the blog
These are the most popular posts of the blog: the most visited and the most commented.
Top posts: the most visited
- Border crossing Chiang Khong (Thailand) – Huay Xai (Laos) and Border crossing Laos – Cambodia
- Munroe island, a hidden gem in the backwaters of Kerala
- Kapas island: the beauty of a lesser known tropical paradise
- Jervis Bay: beautiful beaches and cute kangaroos
- How to travel around the world with carry on luggage only
Top posts: the most commented
- A beautiful, pleasant walk in Abel Tasman National Park
- Hiking in Mordor (Tongariro Alpine Crossing)
- RTW month 3: reflections about being lucky
- A letter from Santiago de Chile
- Luang Prabang in 4 layers
Best comments and commenters
Why do I include the comments here?
Because in a blog, comments are as important as posts. Without comments, I’d be talking alone. And there’s nothing sadder than spending hours writing and editing photos and getting no feedback. You get the feeling that nobody is reading.
So this is why I’d like to thank all the people who have left me a comment or has sent me a personal email.
THANKS A LOT!!!!
And I’d like to give a special mention to the top commenters of this blog:
- In Colibrist
- In Dream Travel Girl
A selection of comments
This is a non exhaustive selection of 8 comments that made me happy 🙂
Your feedback needed please 🙂
I’ll be honest: lately I find it hard to write in the blog. I lost some motivation. For the last 6 months I’ve been working full time on this, and it’s not working. It’s not growing. Sometimes I think I should just stop. On my positive days, though, I think I should try harder and make it better.
For this reason I need your help, please. I need your feedback about my blog.
What do you like the most? What could I improve? For example:
- Do you like the design?
- Do you like the photos?
- Are my posts too long, or too short?
- Do I put too many photos?
- Should I be funnier, or more serious?
- Do you like that I write personal stories?
- Or would you prefer list posts, like “Highlights of…” “What to see/do in…” ?
- Or more practical ones?
- Would you like more stories about the people I meet (and add their photo, if possible)?
- Would you like that I appear more in the photos (or less)?
- Did you find it more interesting while I was traveling long term?
- Other things?
I’d really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback. That would help me a lot!
You can answer in the comments below or, if you prefer, you can send me an email through the contact form (link here). To make it easier: no need to write in English, you can write in any language I know (English, Spanish, Catalan, French).
THANK YOU SO MUCH!